7 Common Superstitions for Friday, Oct 13th
Friday, October 13th, may be considered an unlucky day for some, but we disagree; because today only we are offering 13% off on over 1,300 items! Click here or on the banner below to find your good luck.
Here is our take on 7 common Friday the 13th superstitions:
- Black cats are considered bad luck if one crosses your path. One town even has black cats wear a bell on their collars so you can hear when they are near and you can avoid them. Or you can pet them and you’ll probably be fine.
- Breaking a mirror may bring 7 years of bad luck. Let’s hope it doesn’t take you that long to clean up all the shards of glass.
- Walking under a ladder is considered bad luck, although that’s probably not a wise thing to do anyway.
- If you spill salt, throw it over your shoulder to get rid of the bad luck. We suggest checking who’s behind you first, so you don’t throw it in someone’s eye. That would definitely bring bad luck for the person behind you, and potentially you too, depending on how they react.
- Never leave your purse on the floor if you want to avoid bad luck, as there may be something dirty on the ground. It also makes it easy for a bad guy to snatch.
- Avoid passing cemeteries on October 13th if you don’t want bad luck. If you forget and walk past one, then hold your breath until you see a black or brown dog, because that’s the only way to get rid of the bad luck. We’re not sure why any other color dog would not work. Also, consider that holding your breath for too long can land you in the cemetery as well.
- Lastly, if you are really in a rut and bad luck is hanging on your every move, spin around 7 times but be careful you don’t fall on anyone and cause double the bad luck!
Overheard list of 7 Lucky Charms you can use to keep bad luck away:
- Carry a lucky four-leaf clover.
- Carry a lucky horseshoe (doesn’t have to be a full size one).
- Be very kind to other people; this way at least you can evoke good luck.
- Finding a ladybug brings a bit of good luck. The deeper the red, the luckier you’ll be.
- Anything with the lucky number “7” are popular good luck charms.
- To give yourself a continuous dose of good luck, keep goldfish in a fish tank. In Feng Shu, it is believed that goldfish attract luck and prosperity.
- Lastly, “find a penny, pick it up, and all the day you’ll have good luck!” Don’t underestimate the power of the penny, as keeping one in your pocket is considered good luck.
What has brought you good luck today?