The holidays are the busiest times of the year. It can also squeeze your wallet dry to the last penny. If you’re on a tight budget but still want to decorate to show your holiday spirit, the following are five helpful ideas on how you can get some cheap Christmas decorations and enrich your home with the spirit of Christmas.
1. DIY Christmas Stocking Totes
Stockings are a classic Christmas tradition, but due to their odd shape, it can be hard to stuff anything into them. You can make a more convenient “stocking” by using a tote bag instead! You can get inexpensive totes at your local craft store, but the best part is that you can use your imagination to decorate them however you want.
Continue reading 5 Tips to Decorate Your Home for the Holidays on a Budget
7 Common Superstitions for Friday, Oct 13th
Friday, October 13th, may be considered an unlucky day for some, but we disagree; because today only we are offering 13% off on over 1,300 items! Click here or on the banner below to find your good luck.
Here is our take on 7 common Friday the 13th superstitions:
- Black cats are considered bad luck if one crosses your path. One town even has black cats wear a bell on their collars so you can hear when they are near and you can avoid them. Or you can pet them and you’ll probably be fine.
- Breaking a mirror may bring 7 years of bad luck. Let’s hope it doesn’t take you that long to clean up all the shards of glass.
- Walking under a ladder is considered bad luck, although that’s probably not a wise thing to do anyway.
- If you spill salt, throw it over your shoulder to get rid of the bad luck. We suggest checking who’s behind you first, so you don’t throw it in someone’s eye. That would definitely bring bad luck for the person behind you, and potentially you too, depending on how they react.
- Never leave your purse on the floor if you want to avoid bad luck, as there may be something dirty on the ground. It also makes it easy for a bad guy to snatch.
- Avoid passing cemeteries on October 13th if you don’t want bad luck. If you forget and walk past one, then hold your breath until you see a black or brown dog, because that’s the only way to get rid of the bad luck. We’re not sure why any other color dog would not work. Also, consider that holding your breath for too long can land you in the cemetery as well.
- Lastly, if you are really in a rut and bad luck is hanging on your every move, spin around 7 times but be careful you don’t fall on anyone and cause double the bad luck!
Overheard list of 7 Lucky Charms you can use to keep bad luck away:
- Carry a lucky four-leaf clover.
- Carry a lucky horseshoe (doesn’t have to be a full size one).
- Be very kind to other people; this way at least you can evoke good luck.
- Finding a ladybug brings a bit of good luck. The deeper the red, the luckier you’ll be.
- Anything with the lucky number “7” are popular good luck charms.
- To give yourself a continuous dose of good luck, keep goldfish in a fish tank. In Feng Shu, it is believed that goldfish attract luck and prosperity.
- Lastly, “find a penny, pick it up, and all the day you’ll have good luck!” Don’t underestimate the power of the penny, as keeping one in your pocket is considered good luck.
What has brought you good luck today?
The front porch is a great space for fall decorations, which is why we are giving you 5 affordable, fall, front porch decorating ideas on how to create a fall-inspired, front porch that will look visually stunning. Fall is a gorgeous season full of the sights, smells and tastes of autumn. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to use your decorating skills this fall.
Your front porch is the perfect place for welcoming in the many joys the fall season brings. From the visual masterpiece of changing leaves, to the inviting smells of pumpkin pie baking and scrumptious flavors of freshly harvested foods, autumn is a gorgeous season to celebrate. Use your decorating skills and passions inspired by fall with these 5 affordable front porch decorating ideas.
5. Sensational Lighted Faux Maple Tree With Fall-Colored Leaves
The lighted maple trees are number five on our countdown list of 5 affordable front porch and outdoor decorating ideas for fall because they make beautiful decorations and they remind us of their iconic wide and colorful leaves, as well as their ability to produce fresh maple syrup best used on fall morning pancakes.
Unlike real trees outside that lose their leaves, these decorative, lighted maple trees won’t be blown away by the wind and will last the entire fall season. These warm and inviting maple trees make for a wonderful fall porch decoration and you can use one, two or more. The LED lights project a lovely sparkling effect against the harvest gold and red leaves, and makes for an eye-catching fall display.
Continue reading 5 Affordable Front Porch and Outdoor Decorating Ideas for Fall 2017
Every second Sunday in May, we recognize Mother’s Day as a way to honor the positive contributions of all mothers. The founder of the Mother’s Day, Anna Jarvis, began to actively campaign to make Mother’s Day an official U.S. Holiday after her mother passed away. It was at her mother’s memorial service that she handed out carnations, her mother’s favorite flower, to all those who attended. In the years to come, the original white carnations that were associated with Mother’s Day changed color. Red and pink carnations became synonymous for mothers that were alive and white carnations were worn to honor deceased mothers (1).
Continue reading Charming Gift Ideas for Mom on Mother’s Day
St Patrick’s Day is a festive holiday for all ages. Celebrating the culture and history of the Emerald Isle is tons of fun whether you have Irish heritage or not! If you are throwing a St. Patrick’s Day party this year, check out the tips below for decorating and snack ideas that your guests will love!
1. Greet Guests with Door Decorations
Before your guests even get into your home, welcome them to the party with some St. Patrick’s Day outdoor decor! Add a pop of green and gold with a fun and festive St. Patty’s Day wreath or a green and white swag on the front door. Opt for a cute leprechaun kitty on your porch, fence or light fixture, or a pretty green wreath for a more subtle look. Get the most bang for your buck with a “Welcome” sign with interchangeable ornaments and hang the shamrock for St. Patty’s Day!
Continue reading 11 Tips For Hosting The Perfect St. Patrick’s Day Party
Mardi Gras is an interesting festival to say the least. Even if you are not intrigued by the event itself you may still wonder what it is all about. The mix of European culture and southern soul makes for a delicious mix of exciting events and fun traditions. So, why is this New Orleans parade such a spectacle and what makes it special? Here are a few facts about Mardi Gras that could help you to understand.
Continue reading Mardi Gras – History and Tradition
Valentine’s Day, known as one of the most romantic days in the year, is a time for couples to show their love and affection for their partner. They do this by exchanging small gifts of affection with each other. While these Valentine Day gifts can range from the truly luxurious to the traditional, we have several ideas for that special person in your life. There is something for everyone; from the highly creative individual to the person with a green thumb. You’ll find great ideas for the partner that enjoys decorating, sewing, enjoying the outdoors or baking and cooking. If you’re looking for something special for the person who enjoys the simpler things in life and doesn’t need a lot of bells and whistles, then we have a few suggestions that you might like.
Continue reading 10 of the Cutest Gift Ideas for Valentine’s Day
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and every couple in America is trying to figure out how to celebrate this special day that’s all about love. As Valentine’s Day is all about showering your significant other with romance, it’s easy to feel obligated to spend lots of money that you may not have. However, you don’t have to break the bank to show someone how much you care about them.
There are many cheap Valentine’s Day ideas that are just as romantic and allow you to show off your creative side. We’ve compiled a list of some of our favorite Valentine date ideas on a budget.
Continue reading 10 Fun Valentine’s Day Date Ideas That Won’t Break Your Bank
With Valentine’s Day fast approaching, how do you figure out what kind of gift to give? Of course, we think chocolates and flowers are beautiful and thoughtful, but what if you’d like to buy something a little more personal based on a person’s interests? For instance, what could you give a friend, a sibling or a favorite teacher?
To help you, we’ve listed 13 Valentine Gift Ideas for a variety of people that you probably already know. Let us know if we missed anything! Continue reading 13 Awesome Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas
Here is our list of favorite reasons why you should hang up your holiday outdoor lights now rather than later.
- If you hung up your outdoor holiday lights last year in the midst of freezing temperatures and below zero wind chills, don’t repeat that experience again. Get started early.
- The best deals are now! Get them while you can.
- If you like to decorate with items of the same theme, ordering early will allow you to find similar items that will match.
- There are many designs and styles to choose from to fit every budget…be among the first to choose your favorites from our vast selection.
- Add some outdoor holiday cheer to welcome friends and family.
- If you get your holiday lights up now, you’ll have more time to appreciate the beauty of your outdoor lighted décor.
- When holiday season kicks in, you won’t have to do anything else except appreciate looking at the outdoor lights.
- You’ll have plenty of time to order additional pieces if you want to add to your current selection of lights.
- When the first snow falls, your lights will look magical as they sparkle and twinkle in the night.
- You’ll have one task completed that you can cross off your “Honey-Do list”.
Continue reading 5 Outdoor Christmas Decoration Ideas