St Patrick’s Day is a festive holiday for all ages. Celebrating the culture and history of the Emerald Isle is tons of fun whether you have Irish heritage or not! If you are throwing a St. Patrick’s Day party this year, check out the tips below for decorating and snack ideas that your guests will love!
1. Greet Guests with Door Decorations
Before your guests even get into your home, welcome them to the party with some St. Patrick’s Day outdoor decor! Add a pop of green and gold with a fun and festive St. Patty’s Day wreath or a green and white swag on the front door. Opt for a cute leprechaun kitty on your porch, fence or light fixture, or a pretty green wreath for a more subtle look. Get the most bang for your buck with a “Welcome” sign with interchangeable ornaments and hang the shamrock for St. Patty’s Day!
Continue reading 11 Tips For Hosting The Perfect St. Patrick’s Day Party
Mardi Gras is an interesting festival to say the least. Even if you are not intrigued by the event itself you may still wonder what it is all about. The mix of European culture and southern soul makes for a delicious mix of exciting events and fun traditions. So, why is this New Orleans parade such a spectacle and what makes it special? Here are a few facts about Mardi Gras that could help you to understand.
Continue reading Mardi Gras – History and Tradition
Is there ever enough storage space in any home or apartment? Older buildings especially may be short on closet space, linen cupboards and kitchen cabinets. Remodeling is costly and disruptive. Even the modular customized closet storage systems marketed on television and in print are expensive and can take several weeks. For quick fixes that cost little or nothing, read on.
Continue reading Quick and Easy Storage Solutions For Your Home
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and every couple in America is trying to figure out how to celebrate this special day that’s all about love. As Valentine’s Day is all about showering your significant other with romance, it’s easy to feel obligated to spend lots of money that you may not have. However, you don’t have to break the bank to show someone how much you care about them.
There are many cheap Valentine’s Day ideas that are just as romantic and allow you to show off your creative side. We’ve compiled a list of some of our favorite Valentine date ideas on a budget.
Continue reading 10 Fun Valentine’s Day Date Ideas That Won’t Break Your Bank
High traffic areas, like kitchens and bathrooms, tend to experience more wear and tear when it comes to flooring. Old flooring can start looking scuffed and discolored as it ages. Styles also change over time, meaning outdated design choices can date your kitchen and bathroom more than you’d like now. To bring back the original shine, and get a more modern look, it takes more than just another polish. You’ll need to replace the flooring.
Continue reading DIY: Bring Your Kitchen and Bathroom Back to Life with New Flooring
Here is our list of favorite reasons why you should hang up your holiday outdoor lights now rather than later.
- If you hung up your outdoor holiday lights last year in the midst of freezing temperatures and below zero wind chills, don’t repeat that experience again. Get started early.
- The best deals are now! Get them while you can.
- If you like to decorate with items of the same theme, ordering early will allow you to find similar items that will match.
- There are many designs and styles to choose from to fit every budget…be among the first to choose your favorites from our vast selection.
- Add some outdoor holiday cheer to welcome friends and family.
- If you get your holiday lights up now, you’ll have more time to appreciate the beauty of your outdoor lighted décor.
- When holiday season kicks in, you won’t have to do anything else except appreciate looking at the outdoor lights.
- You’ll have plenty of time to order additional pieces if you want to add to your current selection of lights.
- When the first snow falls, your lights will look magical as they sparkle and twinkle in the night.
- You’ll have one task completed that you can cross off your “Honey-Do list”.
Continue reading 5 Outdoor Christmas Decoration Ideas