Every second Sunday in May, we recognize Mother’s Day as a way to honor the positive contributions of all mothers. The founder of the Mother’s Day, Anna Jarvis, began to actively campaign to make Mother’s Day an official U.S. Holiday after her mother passed away. It was at her mother’s memorial service that she handed out carnations, her mother’s favorite flower, to all those who attended. In the years to come, the original white carnations that were associated with Mother’s Day changed color. Red and pink carnations became synonymous for mothers that were alive and white carnations were worn to honor deceased mothers (1).
Continue reading Charming Gift Ideas for Mom on Mother’s Day
Before You Begin Planting Your Spring Garden
If you’ve been thinking about planting a spring garden, don’t get started until you have read the tips and tricks that we’ve gathered from several experts in the gardening field, as well as other knowledgeable gardening enthusiasts. Their knowledge, practical advice, and budget-friendly ideas will help you whether you are an expert or a beginning gardener.
You’ll find tips on the importance of preparing your soil before planting and how to create a charming buried pot garden (tip# 11). You’ll learn how to use Epson salt to promote growth in your garden (tip #6) and how to grow your own fresh herbs (tip #8). We hope these gardening tip and tricks that we’ve listed below will help you get started off on the right foot.
Continue reading 23 Spring Gardening Tips and Tricks from the Experts
It’s never too early to start planning for St. Patrick’s Day! If you have been wondering how to dress for St. Patrick’s Day, we have some fantastic ideas! Whether you’re getting dressed up for a St. Patrick’s Day party or you’re looking for ways to dress cute for St. Patrick’s Day; have some fun celebrating this fun holiday is by wearing St. Patrick’s Day themed clothing! We’ve got some fun clothing and accessories.
Continue reading How to Dress Up for St. Patrick’s Day!
Valentine’s Day, known as one of the most romantic days in the year, is a time for couples to show their love and affection for their partner. They do this by exchanging small gifts of affection with each other. While these valentine day gifts can range from the truly luxurious to the traditional, we have several ideas for that special person in your life. There is something for everyone; from the highly creative individual to the person with a green thumb. You’ll find great ideas for the partner that enjoys decorating, sewing, enjoying the outdoors or baking and cooking. If you’re looking for something special for the person who enjoys the simpler things in life and doesn’t need a lot of bells and whistles, then we have a few suggestions that you might like.
Continue reading 10 of the Cutest Gift Ideas for Valentine’s Day
Starting off the New Year is the perfect time to think about the positive changes you want to make like losing weight, getting healthier or tackling a new project. It’s that time of year when motivation and enthusiasm are at an all-time high and where anything seems possible! Continue reading How to Stay Healthy and Achieve Your New Year’s Resolution
With Valentine’s Day fast approaching, how do you figure out what kind of gift to give? Of course, we think chocolates and flowers are beautiful and thoughtful, but what if you’d like to buy something a little more personal based on a person’s interests? For instance, what could you give a friend, a sibling or a favorite teacher?
To help you, we’ve listed 13 Valentine Gift Ideas for a variety of people that you probably already know. Let us know if we missed anything! Continue reading 13 Awesome Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas
A lot of us are getting tired of the cold and the snow and we’re all wondering when the winter season will be over. That’s why we’ve provided several cold weather solutions to help keep you warm. Also, with these cold temps, don’t forget to also check on friends and relatives that they are in a safe, warm place.
Carry an Emergency Kit
- Whether the weather is cold or not, we should all check to make sure we have an emergency kit in our cars. One of the things to consider is this Roadside Emergency Tool Kit Set- 30pc which has a number of things that are important to keep handy in your car. Visit www.ready.gov to get a more detailed list of other items that are important to keep on hand during extreme weather conditions.
Continue reading 9 Cold Weather Solutions to Keep You Warm
Here is our list of favorite reasons why you should hang up your holiday outdoor lights now rather than later.
- If you hung up your outdoor holiday lights last year in the midst of freezing temperatures and below zero wind chills, don’t repeat that experience again. Get started early.
- The best deals are now! Get them while you can.
- If you like to decorate with items of the same theme, ordering early will allow you to find similar items that will match.
- There are many designs and styles to choose from to fit every budget…be among the first to choose your favorites from our vast selection.
- Add some outdoor holiday cheer to welcome friends and family.
- If you get your holiday lights up now, you’ll have more time to appreciate the beauty of your outdoor lighted décor.
- When holiday season kicks in, you won’t have to do anything else except appreciate looking at the outdoor lights.
- You’ll have plenty of time to order additional pieces if you want to add to your current selection of lights.
- When the first snow falls, your lights will look magical as they sparkle and twinkle in the night.
- You’ll have one task completed that you can cross off your “Honey-Do list”.
Continue reading 5 Outdoor Christmas Decoration Ideas
46 Healthy Eating Hacks for 2017
A popular question that we often ask of ourselves is “How can I eat healthier?” Knowing that taking the first steps towards this goal can be difficult, we turned to the experts for advice. Using their input, we have outlined 46 Healthy Eating Hacks to help you get started.
Continue reading 46 Healthy Eating Hacks to Enhance Your Well-Being in 2017
Why not have a little style while being cozy and warm at the same time? Get ready for the winter season with fashionable and functional pieces! We have everything from shoes with ice grippers to fleece lined coats to smart touch gloves! Complete your winter wardrobe with any of our layering essentials and stay warm all season long!
Continue reading 9 Stylish Must-HAVE Essentials for the Cold Winter Season!