7 Common Superstitions for Friday, Oct 13th
Friday, October 13th, may be considered an unlucky day for some, but we disagree; because today only we are offering 13% off on over 1,300 items! Click here or on the banner below to find your good luck.
Here is our take on 7 common Friday the 13th superstitions:
- Black cats are considered bad luck if one crosses your path. One town even has black cats wear a bell on their collars so you can hear when they are near and you can avoid them. Or you can pet them and you’ll probably be fine.
- Breaking a mirror may bring 7 years of bad luck. Let’s hope it doesn’t take you that long to clean up all the shards of glass.
- Walking under a ladder is considered bad luck, although that’s probably not a wise thing to do anyway.
- If you spill salt, throw it over your shoulder to get rid of the bad luck. We suggest checking who’s behind you first, so you don’t throw it in someone’s eye. That would definitely bring bad luck for the person behind you, and potentially you too, depending on how they react.
- Never leave your purse on the floor if you want to avoid bad luck, as there may be something dirty on the ground. It also makes it easy for a bad guy to snatch.
- Avoid passing cemeteries on October 13th if you don’t want bad luck. If you forget and walk past one, then hold your breath until you see a black or brown dog, because that’s the only way to get rid of the bad luck. We’re not sure why any other color dog would not work. Also, consider that holding your breath for too long can land you in the cemetery as well.
- Lastly, if you are really in a rut and bad luck is hanging on your every move, spin around 7 times but be careful you don’t fall on anyone and cause double the bad luck!
Overheard list of 7 Lucky Charms you can use to keep bad luck away:
- Carry a lucky four-leaf clover.
- Carry a lucky horseshoe (doesn’t have to be a full size one).
- Be very kind to other people; this way at least you can evoke good luck.
- Finding a ladybug brings a bit of good luck. The deeper the red, the luckier you’ll be.
- Anything with the lucky number “7” are popular good luck charms.
- To give yourself a continuous dose of good luck, keep goldfish in a fish tank. In Feng Shu, it is believed that goldfish attract luck and prosperity.
- Lastly, “find a penny, pick it up, and all the day you’ll have good luck!” Don’t underestimate the power of the penny, as keeping one in your pocket is considered good luck.
What has brought you good luck today?
Halloween is a time when people all over America delight in the anticipation of a good scare, which is why we’ve thought of 6 amazingly affordable Halloween decoration ideas that are perfect for Halloween. It doesn’t matter what kind of Halloween décor you are looking for, we have an amazing assortment of ghosts, skeletons, scarecrows and witches that are sure to satisfy your decorating needs.
Halloween skeleton decorations can be used in many different ways. For instance, give your neighbors a good laugh by positioning the 4-foot posable Halloween skeleton doing something silly, like climbing up the house. However, if you want to create a scarier display, you can add extra props or scary noises, like the sound of an evil laugh.
The dog and cat skeletons are excellent choices to add to your Halloween décor, especially if your decorations are supposed to be frightening. These pet skeletons look and sound scary. They are not your ordinary cuddly pets, so beware! They have their mouths wide open showing sharp teeth and red, glowing eyes which actually light up. Both are triggered by sound; the cat will hiss and the dog will bark if someone walks nearby.
Try to imagine inadvertently triggering the sounds of these pet skeletons as you pass by. Your neighbors and other pets are sure to get a good scare. Who wouldn’t turn tail and run as fast as they could?
Continue reading 6 Amazingly Affordable Halloween Decoration Ideas We Love!
The front porch is a great space for fall decorations, which is why we are giving you 5 affordable, fall, front porch decorating ideas on how to create a fall-inspired, front porch that will look visually stunning. Fall is a gorgeous season full of the sights, smells and tastes of autumn. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to use your decorating skills this fall.
Your front porch is the perfect place for welcoming in the many joys the fall season brings. From the visual masterpiece of changing leaves, to the inviting smells of pumpkin pie baking and scrumptious flavors of freshly harvested foods, autumn is a gorgeous season to celebrate. Use your decorating skills and passions inspired by fall with these 5 affordable front porch decorating ideas.
5. Sensational Lighted Faux Maple Tree With Fall-Colored Leaves
The lighted maple trees are number five on our countdown list of 5 affordable front porch and outdoor decorating ideas for fall because they make beautiful decorations and they remind us of their iconic wide and colorful leaves, as well as their ability to produce fresh maple syrup best used on fall morning pancakes.
Unlike real trees outside that lose their leaves, these decorative, lighted maple trees won’t be blown away by the wind and will last the entire fall season. These warm and inviting maple trees make for a wonderful fall porch decoration and you can use one, two or more. The LED lights project a lovely sparkling effect against the harvest gold and red leaves, and makes for an eye-catching fall display.
Continue reading 5 Affordable Front Porch and Outdoor Decorating Ideas for Fall 2017
Every second Sunday in May, we recognize Mother’s Day as a way to honor the positive contributions of all mothers. The founder of the Mother’s Day, Anna Jarvis, began to actively campaign to make Mother’s Day an official U.S. Holiday after her mother passed away. It was at her mother’s memorial service that she handed out carnations, her mother’s favorite flower, to all those who attended. In the years to come, the original white carnations that were associated with Mother’s Day changed color. Red and pink carnations became synonymous for mothers that were alive and white carnations were worn to honor deceased mothers (1).
Continue reading Charming Gift Ideas for Mom on Mother’s Day
Before You Begin Planting Your Spring Garden
If you’ve been thinking about planting a spring garden, don’t get started until you have read the tips and tricks that we’ve gathered from several experts in the gardening field, as well as other knowledgeable gardening enthusiasts. Their knowledge, practical advice, and budget-friendly ideas will help you whether you are an expert or a beginning gardener.
You’ll find tips on the importance of preparing your soil before planting and how to create a charming buried pot garden (tip# 11). You’ll learn how to use Epson salt to promote growth in your garden (tip #6) and how to grow your own fresh herbs (tip #8). We hope these gardening tip and tricks that we’ve listed below will help you get started off on the right foot.
Continue reading 23 Spring Gardening Tips and Tricks from the Experts
Valentine’s Day, known as one of the most romantic days in the year, is a time for couples to show their love and affection for their partner. They do this by exchanging small gifts of affection with each other. While these Valentine Day gifts can range from the truly luxurious to the traditional, we have several ideas for that special person in your life. There is something for everyone; from the highly creative individual to the person with a green thumb. You’ll find great ideas for the partner that enjoys decorating, sewing, enjoying the outdoors or baking and cooking. If you’re looking for something special for the person who enjoys the simpler things in life and doesn’t need a lot of bells and whistles, then we have a few suggestions that you might like.
Continue reading 10 of the Cutest Gift Ideas for Valentine’s Day
Starting off the New Year is the perfect time to think about the positive changes you want to make like losing weight, getting healthier or tackling a new project. It’s that time of year when motivation and enthusiasm are at an all-time high and where anything seems possible! Continue reading How to Stay Healthy and Achieve Your New Year’s Resolution
With Valentine’s Day fast approaching, how do you figure out what kind of gift to give? Of course, we think chocolates and flowers are beautiful and thoughtful, but what if you’d like to buy something a little more personal based on a person’s interests? For instance, what could you give a friend, a sibling or a favorite teacher?
To help you, we’ve listed 13 Valentine Gift Ideas for a variety of people that you probably already know. Let us know if we missed anything! Continue reading 13 Awesome Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas
A lot of us are getting tired of the cold and the snow and we’re all wondering when the winter season will be over. That’s why we’ve provided several cold weather solutions to help keep you warm. Also, with these cold temps, don’t forget to also check on friends and relatives that they are in a safe, warm place.
Carry an Emergency Kit
- Whether the weather is cold or not, we should all check to make sure we have an emergency kit in our cars. One of the things to consider is this Roadside Emergency Tool Kit Set- 30pc which has a number of things that are important to keep handy in your car. Visit www.ready.gov to get a more detailed list of other items that are important to keep on hand during extreme weather conditions.
Continue reading 9 Cold Weather Solutions to Keep You Warm
A popular question that we often ask of ourselves is “How can I eat healthier?” Knowing that taking the first steps towards this goal can be difficult, we turned to the experts for advice. Using their input, we have outlined 46 Healthy Eating Hacks to help you get started.
Continue reading 46 Healthy Eating Hacks to Enhance Your Well-Being in 2017