World Smile Day® is a day to celebrate good will and good cheer around the world. Harvey Ball, was the inventor of the smiley face in 1963. After the smiley face began to grow in popularity, he began to notice how people were overusing the smiley face symbol without understanding the purpose for which it was created. To fix that, he declared the first Friday of October would be World Smile Day®; a day to remind people to smile and to be kind to each another.
Here is our Top 10 List of Reasons to Smile
- You didn’t think anyone would let you merge into traffic, and finally, someone waves you in.
- You donate your extra change to good causes.
- You found the other matching sock that was “hiding”
- Your pet is always excited to see you, even if you’re running late.
- You’re caught in the middle of a rainstorm and remember you brought your umbrella
- You went to your 25th reunion and you looked GOOD!
- You get an “I Love You” from someone you love.
- Your boss says, “Sure, take the day off!”
- Your printer runs out of ink and you have backup.
- Your Tupperware drawer is organized with all the matching tops and bottoms
If you smiled while reading this list, then we’re glad we gave you a reason to smile! We’re also open to more smiles, so if you’d like to share some of your smiley ideas, we’d love to hear them.