Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and every couple in America is trying to figure out how to celebrate this special day that’s all about love. As Valentine’s Day is all about showering your significant other with romance, it’s easy to feel obligated to spend lots of money that you may not have. However, you don’t have to break the bank to show someone how much you care about them.
There are many cheap Valentine’s Day ideas that are just as romantic and allow you to show off your creative side. We’ve compiled a list of some of our favorite Valentine date ideas on a budget.
Continue reading 10 Fun Valentine’s Day Date Ideas That Won’t Break Your Bank
Valentine’s Day, known as one of the most romantic days in the year, is a time for couples to show their love and affection for their partner. They do this by exchanging small gifts of affection with each other. While these valentine day gifts can range from the truly luxurious to the traditional, we have several ideas for that special person in your life. There is something for everyone; from the highly creative individual to the person with a green thumb. You’ll find great ideas for the partner that enjoys decorating, sewing, enjoying the outdoors or baking and cooking. If you’re looking for something special for the person who enjoys the simpler things in life and doesn’t need a lot of bells and whistles, then we have a few suggestions that you might like.
Continue reading 10 of the Cutest Gift Ideas for Valentine’s Day
Starting off the New Year is the perfect time to think about the positive changes you want to make like losing weight, getting healthier or tackling a new project. It’s that time of year when motivation and enthusiasm are at an all-time high and where anything seems possible! Continue reading How to Stay Healthy and Achieve Your New Year’s Resolution
Is there ever enough storage space in any home or apartment? Older buildings especially may be short on closet space, linen cupboards and kitchen cabinets. Remodeling is costly and disruptive. Even the modular customized closet storage systems marketed on television and in print are expensive and can take several weeks. For quick fixes that cost little or nothing, read on.
Continue reading Quick and Easy Storage Solutions For Your Home
High traffic areas, like kitchens and bathrooms, tend to experience more wear and tear when it comes to flooring. Old flooring can start looking scuffed and discolored as it ages. Styles also change over time, meaning outdated design choices can date your kitchen and bathroom more than you’d like now. To bring back the original shine, and get a more modern look, it takes more than just another polish. You’ll need to replace the flooring.
Continue reading DIY: Bring Your Kitchen and Bathroom Back to Life with New Flooring
With Valentine’s Day fast approaching, how do you figure out what kind of gift to give? Of course, we think chocolates and flowers are beautiful and thoughtful, but what if you’d like to buy something a little more personal based on a person’s interests? For instance, what could you give a friend, a sibling or a favorite teacher?
To help you, we’ve listed 13 Valentine Gift Ideas for a variety of people that you probably already know. Let us know if we missed anything! Continue reading 13 Awesome Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas
Moose! And Wolves! And Bears! Oh my! Are you an outdoor enthusiast? Do you have a passion for hunting, fishing, and hiking? Do you yearn to explore the wilderness of the Great American West? Or maybe you simply enjoy adding some rustic, woodland flair to your home. You can achieve the look of a Northwoods lodge in your very own home and you can do it without breaking the bank. Here are five affordable log cabin decorating ideas for adding nature-inspired style to your home.
Log Cabin Decorating Idea #1: Wall Decor
If you want to give your home that log cabin feel, the walls are a good place to start. The 3D Eagle Sculpted Wall Shelf is a popular item that makes an impressive addition to a cabin-themed room. If you are looking for rustic, bear decor the Northwoods Walking Bears Metal Wall Art is an excellent choice, featuring a mother bear and her cub walking through a pine forest.
Continue reading 5 Amazingly AFFORDABLE Log Cabin Decorating Ideas
The holidays are the busiest times of the year. It can also squeeze your wallet dry to the last penny. If you’re on a tight budget but still want to decorate to show your holiday spirit, the following are five helpful ideas on how you can get some cheap Christmas decorations and enrich your home with the spirit of Christmas.
1. DIY Christmas Stocking Totes
Stockings are a classic Christmas tradition, but due to their odd shape, it can be hard to stuff anything into them. You can make a more convenient “stocking” by using a tote bag instead! You can get inexpensive totes at your local craft store, but the best part is that you can use your imagination to decorate them however you want.
Continue reading 5 Tips to Decorate Your Home for the Holidays on a Budget
A lot of us are getting tired of the cold and the snow and we’re all wondering when the winter season will be over. That’s why we’ve provided several cold weather solutions to help keep you warm. Also, with these cold temps, don’t forget to also check on friends and relatives that they are in a safe, warm place.
Carry an Emergency Kit
- Whether the weather is cold or not, we should all check to make sure we have an emergency kit in our cars. One of the things to consider is this Roadside Emergency Tool Kit Set- 30pc which has a number of things that are important to keep handy in your car. Visit www.ready.gov to get a more detailed list of other items that are important to keep on hand during extreme weather conditions.
Continue reading 9 Cold Weather Solutions to Keep You Warm
Here is our list of favorite reasons why you should hang up your holiday outdoor lights now rather than later.
- If you hung up your outdoor holiday lights last year in the midst of freezing temperatures and below zero wind chills, don’t repeat that experience again. Get started early.
- The best deals are now! Get them while you can.
- If you like to decorate with items of the same theme, ordering early will allow you to find similar items that will match.
- There are many designs and styles to choose from to fit every budget…be among the first to choose your favorites from our vast selection.
- Add some outdoor holiday cheer to welcome friends and family.
- If you get your holiday lights up now, you’ll have more time to appreciate the beauty of your outdoor lighted décor.
- When holiday season kicks in, you won’t have to do anything else except appreciate looking at the outdoor lights.
- You’ll have plenty of time to order additional pieces if you want to add to your current selection of lights.
- When the first snow falls, your lights will look magical as they sparkle and twinkle in the night.
- You’ll have one task completed that you can cross off your “Honey-Do list”.
Continue reading 5 Outdoor Christmas Decoration Ideas